Sew Cleo with Charlotte Newland
Get confident with your sewing skills and make yourself a multi season dungaree dress in this one day class. Taught by Great British Sewing Bee winner, Charlotte Newland, you'll learn how to navigate a pattern, pick the right size for you and put together the ever popular, super gorgeous Cleo from our friends at Tilly and the Buttons
This class is suitable for beginners but you do need to know how to use a sewing machine.
We will provide:
- your pattern
- all equipment
- tea and biscuits!
You will need to provide:
- fabric - mini length - 1.2m (1¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 1.8m (2 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide knee length - 1.3m (1 3/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 1.9m (2 1/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- thread in a matching colour
- 0.4m (3/8 yards) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 2 x 30-35mm (1¼ - 1½in) wide dungaree buckles and 2 x no-sew jeans buttons OR 2 x 15-20mm buttons and buttonhole foot for your sewing machine
- Optional: contrast colour topstitch thread and topstitch/embroidery needle
Suggested fabrics: heavy or medium weight woven fabrics that hold their shape, such as denim, corduroy, cotton drill, gabardine, canvas, wool
You will receive 10% off any supplies bought for this class from Slipstitch.
We encourage you to bring your own sewing machine if you have one! We have some in the shop that can be used - let us know if you need to borrow one (at no extra cost!)