Not to frighten you but Christmas is only seven weeks away - which leaves less than 50 crafting days till the big day. You might think you've left it too late to knit yourself a Christmas sweater but that's a lot of long, dark evenings to fill (and you wouldn't want to go out in this cold, would you?)
The Ugly Christmas Sweater has been a big trend in recent years but at Slipstitch we believe in making yourself a beautiful jumper that you'll keep and love for years to come. We've rounded up some of the best (and speediest) Christmas sweaters for you to make in time for the festive season.
If you're looking for a sweater that'll knit up fast, a cropped vintage-style jumper knocks out several inches of knitting from the body of the sweater. These numbers look super cute during the day and at night answer the problem of staying warm in your finest partywear.
- Ginger Twist's Vintage Winter* - pictured above - would look gorgeous knitted up in our Wild Wool
- Owner Rosie has been eyeing this number up for several years now and is finally going to cast it on...
- ...if the designer Amy Appel's newest design doesn't make it on to her needles first
- There's some full-blown festive frivolity from DROPS with their Free Rudolph sweater pattern (and it's available for children too.)
- And for those of you who are more Frosty than Rudolph, there's a snowman version
- Christmas sweaters needn't involve colourwork - Julia Blake's O Christmas Tree uses simple stitchwork to great effect
- For those who are looking for something less Christmassy and more wintry, there's Kate Davies' Boreal*
- Or Karie Westermann's Winterskov* - pictured above - which has a line of trees and a sprinkling of snow to keep you warm and cosy
- Ashleigh Kiser's First Holiday Sweater is simple, knit up on chunky yarn, and free!
- Feeling rushed for time? Decorate with mini sock yarn sweaters
- Or feeling ambitious? It might be ready closer to Christmas 2020 (or 2030...) but this cardigan with the full Twelve Days of Christmas* on it is a labour of love
Need help with a pattern? Come in any time and we'll get you sorted!
*available for purchase in store