Remember when you finally learned how to ride your bike? Wasn’t that an awesome day? We haven’t forgotten how great it felt to take the stabilisers off, so we’ve got a brand new year of learning for you to enjoy. Twelve new techniques, twelve patterns from twelve fabulous designers, twelve sets of photo and video tutorials, and most importantly, twelve opportunities for you to experience the joy of mastering something new!
Boost Your Knitting is a completely self-contained programme that will grow your skills and build your confidence in your knitting. It follows a similar format to our first book, A Year of Techniques, but does not require any previous knowledge from that collection.
The techniques included are:
- Brioche knitting, including increases and decreases
- Choosing colours for stranded colourwork
- Correcting mistakes in lace knitting
- Tubular cast-on method in the round
- Dip stitches
- Double knitting, including decreases
- Finishing techniques for toy knitting (sewing together, stuffing and embroidering faces)
- Gusset short row heel for toe-up socks
- Intarsia in the round
- Joining in yarns for colourwork
- Tuck stitches
21 x 28cm. 120 pages.