Come and knit your first jumper! If you want to move on from scarves and hats to your first garment, this course is for you. With a group of other intrepid knitters, your tutor will guide you through your project, breaking the pattern down into manageable sections and knitting it along with you. At the end of twelve weeks, you'll not only have a beautiful handmade garment fitted specially to you, but the knowledge and skills to knit hundreds of other patterns and fill your wardrobe with handknits!
Some basic skills are needed - knitting, purling, casting on and off. Experience knitting in the round is useful (but not totally necessary.) If you have any questions about the course requriements, please ask and we'll get you sorted!
Participants will get 10% off wool and supplies - if you are not buying your yarn from us, you will need to get approval from the tutor on what yarn you use to make sure it's suitable for the project. Once you sign up, you'll receive an email with a list of materials.
January 2022 - April 2022 SOLD OUT
Classes run between 2 and 4 on alternate Saturdays at Slipstitch.
- Week One - 22nd January 2022: swatching, picking your size, understanding how the pattern will work
- Week Two - 5th February: casting on, short rows (wrap and turns)
- Week Three - 19th February: increases, raglan shaping
- Week Four - 5th March: dividing for sleeves, waist shaping
- Week Five -19th March: sleeves
- Week Six - 2nd April: troubleshooting and blocking
This jumper pattern runs from a 29½" to a 66" chest circumference.
We ask that all attendees be vaccinated against COVID-19. If circumstances change regarding COVID-19, the class will move to remote teaching.