Come and knit your first jumper! If you want to move on from scarves and hats to your first garment, this course is for you. With a group of other intrepid knitters, your tutor will guide you through your project, breaking the pattern down into manageable sections and knitting it along with you. At the end of twelve weeks, you'll not only have a beautiful handmade garment fitted specially to you, but the knowledge and skills to knit hundreds of other patterns and fill your wardrobe with handknits!
You should be confident in some basic skills - knitting, purling, casting on and off. Experience knitting in the round is useful (but not totally necessary.) If you have any questions about the course requriements, please ask and we'll get you sorted!
January 2024 - March 2024
Classes run between 10:30 and 12:30 on alternate Saturdays at Slipstitch.
- Week One - 20th January: swatching, picking your size, understanding how the pattern will work
- Week Two - 3rd February: casting on, knitting in the round
- Week Three - 17th February: short rows, increases, raglan shaping
- Week Four - 2nd March: dividing for sleeves, waist shaping
- Week Five -16th March: sleeves
- Week Six - 30th March: troubleshooting and blocking